Minutes for the Regular Meeting of the
Walpole Conservation Commission
February 6, 2017
Present: John Peska, Jackie Kensen, Kelli Wilson, Lew Shelley, Alternate Members: Peter Palmiotto, Myra Mansouri (arrived after start of meeting); Elaine Heleen, alt (acting as secretary)
Not Present: Tom Beaudry (Chair); Alicia Flammia, Duncan Watson, Gary Speed, Whit Aldrich (Selectboard Representative)
Call To Order: Mr. Peska, Vice-Chair, called the meeting to order at 7:35 PM.
Seating of Alternates: Mr. Palmiotto was seated to achieve quorum.
Review and Approve Minutes: Mrs. Pschirrer emailed a correction to the minutes: SWRPC is working with Ransom Consulting Co. not Branson. Further clarification on the issue can be found in the minutes of the Public Hearing January 26, 2017. Mr. Palmiotto clarified that Andrew Toepfer (spelling corrected by Mr. Shelley) did not ask to go through the files. He was merely asking about the procedure if there was a possibility of going through the files. Mr. Shelley moved to accept the Minutes of the January 9, 2017 meeting as corrected. Ms. Kensen seconded the motion. With all in favor, the minutes were approved.
Report from Chair:
Treasury / Budget: As of 12/31/16, the Forestry Fund is $33,628.02. The Conservation Savings Account has a balance of $88,473.75. A deposit of $1,019.14 for Lumber & Stumpage was deposited on 1/30/17.
- Town & City Magazine
- Barry Conservation Camp—This scholarship is given each year enable a student to attend this camp at the White Mountain National Forest during the summer. Beaudry asked Eloise Clark to recommend a student. Ms. Kensen will follow up to see who is interested. Ms. Kensen moved to fund this scholarship as budgeted. Mr. Shelley seconded the motion. With all in favor, the proposal was approved.
- Presentation on Wetlands and Wetlands Permitting will be 6pm March 27 at Keene Library
- Presentation on Pollinators is available for future meeting.
Mr. Palmiotto made a motion that the minutes of the January 23, 2017 meeting attended by Mr. Palmiotto, Mr. Peska, Ms. Flammia, and Ms. Kensen be sealed because it is determined that the divulgence of this information likely would affect adversely the reputation of any person other than a member of this board. Mr. Peska seconded the motion. With all in favor, the motion was approved.
Mr. Palmiotto made a motion to enter non-public session due to RSA 91-A:3, II(c), Personnel Issues. Ms. Kenson seconded the motion. With all present in favor, the motion passed at 7:50pm.
Motion to leave nonpublic session and return to public session by Mr. Palmiotto, seconded by Ms. Kensen. Motion: passed.
Public session reconvened at 8:23pm.
Mr. Palmiotto made a motion that the minutes of the Nonpublic Session be sealed because it is determined that the divulgence of this information likely would affect adversely the reputation of any person other than a member of this board. Mr. Shelley seconded the motion. With all in favor, the motion was approved.
- No report is available about the DES inspection of the Reservoir Dam. Since nothing can be fixed without knowing what is expected, the issue is on hold.
- Connecticut River Watershed Council-Members are hesitant to commit money to this request. Mr. Shelley will report back next month after he researches the potential benefits.
- Terms expiring in March. Shelley has decided that he would like to continue as Full Member of the Conservation Commission. Mr. Beaudry has chosen not to seek reappointment. Ms. Heleen will provide a letter to the SelectBoard asking them to post his open position and the reappointment of Mr. Shelley and Ms. Heleen.
Friends of Hooper will have a Songbirds presentation in April. Mr. Palmiotto moved to donate $50 to Chris Rimmer for the Friends of Hooper presentation. Ms. Wilson seconded. With all in favor, the motion was approved.
Next Meeting: The next meeting is scheduled for Monday, March 6, 2017 at 7:00pm.
ADJOURNMENT: Mr. Palmiotto moved to adjourn this meeting. Ms. Kensen seconded. With all members in favor, the meeting was adjourned at 8:42 PM.
Elaine Heleen, Acting Recording Secretary
(Note: These are unapproved Minutes. Any corrections will be found in the minutes of the February 6, 2017 Conservation Commission meeting.)