Minutes for the regular meeting of the
Walpole Conservation Commission
Monday, February 1, 2016
Present: John Peska, Gary Speed, Sharyn Tullar (alt.), Lewis Shelley, Tom Beaudry, Myra Mansouri (alt.), Alicia Flammia, Duncan Watson, and Peter Palmiotto (alt.)
Not Present: Kelli Wilson, Whit Aldrich (SelectBoard representative)
Mr. Beaudry, chair, called the meeting to order at 7:29 PM.
No alternates were needed to achieve quorum.
Corrections to the minutes: #3, Other: the piece of property may be coming up for sale but not definite yet. #7, Other: Mr. Morgan is considering options for Conservation measures, it is not put under Easement at this time. Mr. Speed moved to accept the minutes for the January 4, 2015 meeting as corrected. Mr. Peska seconded, and the motion passed with all in favor.
As of December 31, 2016, the balance in the Conservation account is: $53,188.48 and in the Forestry account: $12,348.93.
- Town & City magazine
- Tara Sad suggested a presentation at the Alcott Falls/Academy ravine for the anniversary of Louisa May Alcott’s stay in Walpole. Conservation members agree that since the floods there are unsafe areas and limited views. Shelley will scout the area to see if a suitable location is possible.
- The Hooper Conservation Easement was signed on January 28, 2016 with the Monadnock Conservancy. The sale of the mansion and golf course are still in process.
- Rhoades has been notified to begin marking the Hooper Forest and preparing bids for work next winter.
- Garland Lumber was to be starting work in the Water Co. Forest.
- After being tabled from last month, discussion continued on the Bobcat Season proposal by NH Fish and Game Commission. Peska moved to take no group action on this issue to avoid politics. Mr. Watson seconded, and the motion passed with all in favor.
- Monadnock Conservancy will hold a NRCS forum on Conservation Easements including funding sources. Stacy Gambrel & Roy Holman are presenting.
- Marsha Galloway and the Hooper Hoppers are working on the snowmobile trail.
Mr. Watson moved that the meeting be adjourned at 8:14pm. Mr. Speed seconded, and the motion passed with all in favor.
The next meeting will be Monday, March 7, 2016.