TOWN OF WALPOLE
DEPARTMENT: Walpole Town Library
EMPLOYMENT STATUS: Part-time, 7.5 hours per week
JOB SUMMARY: This position performs work relating to the processing and circulating of library materials, creating marketing materials for the library and assisting patrons with their questions and needs.
SUPERVISION RECEIVED: The Library Technician receives general supervision and policy direction from the Library Director.
May receive direction from others for specific tasks or projects.
· 2 years of library experience or customer service experience
· Cataloging experience or knowledge preferred
· College degree
· Strong computer literacy
· Strong communication skills
· Ability to work well with staff and the public
· Strong attention to detail
· Creates brochures, flyers and other marketing materials for library services and programs
· Assists with cataloging and prepping new materials
· Works with the Library Director to update and maintain the catalog
· Assists patrons with questions, public computers and copiers
· Assists at circulation desk as needed
· Other tasks and duties as assigned by the Library Director
PHYSICAL REQUIRMENTS: Position requires frequent office movement in order to support customer service. Some lifting is required on occasion.
To apply please send cover letter and resume to Justine Fafara at email@example.com.