MAY CLARION – DEADLINE FRIDAY 20 APRIL
by Ray Boas
This is your one-week warning that the closing date is on the horizon — Friday, April 20. The May CLARION will go to the printer on Monday the 23rd, and be posted on-line at that time.
This will be a “hot issue” and focus on the current “hot topic” — the request for a special zoning exception to allow a gas station/convenience store on Route 12 at the intersection with South Street. “Hot Issue” because this is not an allowed use on Rural/Agricultural Land, particularly when other sites (as stipulated in Walpole’s Zoning Ordnance) are available. In addition there are other factors that make the siting here inappropriate, and inconsistent with Walpole’s Master Plan.
I am filling May’s pages now with site plans, visuals, and working on many articles so all readers are aware of the issues at hand. The sooner you get your submissions in, the sooner I can place them.
Thank you, yours, RAY – Publisher
Category Archives: EVENTS
The Kempter Family will be performing for the community at the Walpole own Hall at 6:00 PM on Sunday the 22nd. The Alstead Congregational Church and the Walpole Congregational Church have combined their efforts to bring us this event.
For those that might be interested, Dan Mitchell of WKBK will be doing a series of interviews regarding the Town of Walpole on Tuesday, October 17th between 6 and 10am. The list of interviewees and their focus of discussion are:
- Peggy Pschirrer, Chair of the Selectboard – Municipal
- Sam Jacobs, Principal of the Walpole Schools – Education
- Ray Boas, Publisher of the Clarion and Bookseller – History
- Tom and Andrea Goins – Business and Civic Groups
Mark your calendars to listen to the segment. Dan mentioned this once a month program has been very popular with listeners.
Jana Sellarole wanted to share these last minute details about the upcoming Book Sale. – Lil
- The deadline for donating books for the sale is Thursday, October 12. Book donations are accepted every Wednesday (9-10 am) and Thursday (3-4 pm) at the former RN Johnson facility.
- Would you like to sponsor a table at the Book Sale? Your $10/table donation would help to offset the cost of table rental, and help increase the sale’s profit. Contact Cheryl Hoffman (756-4066) for more information. Thank you so much for considering this!
- Thank you for all your support of this annual fundraiser to support our wonderful local library!
The Museum Gift Shop will celebrate Christmas in September! Come visit us from 10 am to 4 pm on Saturday September 16th and get a head start on your holiday shopping. Weather permitting we will be on the lawn by our roadside sign with new and sale items to tempt you for your holiday decorating or gift giving.
We will have Caspari napkins & cards – colorful candles, note cards, many new gifts for the children too including puzzles and coloring books. We have adult coloring books, Louisa May Alcott books written by her as well as those about her – Walpole wine glasses & mugs – scarves, beaded necklaces, and mittens from Country on the Common – colorful woven baskets and coasters – New Christmas decorations too. Something new all the time, so come and browse – You are sure to find just the right gift or something for yourself or your home. Bring the kids and join us on Saturday the 16th.