TOWN OF WALPOLE
MEETING OF THE SELECTBOARD
September 17, 2015
Selectboard Present: Steve Dalessio(Chair), Whitney Aldrich, Peggy Pschirrer
CALL TO ORDER: Mr. Dalessio called this Selectboard meeting to order at 6:22pm in the Walpole Town Hall. He advised that this meeting is being recorded and asked anyone wishing to speak to identify themselves for the record.
NON-PUBLIC SELECTBOARD SESSION:
Mr. Dalessio moved to enter into a Non-Public Selectboard Session pursuant to RSA 91-A:3 II to discuss (a) Personnel and (c) Reputations. Mrs. Pschirrer seconded the motion and, on a roll call vote with all in favor, the motion was approved.
The regular Selectboard meeting resumed at 6:40 PM. There were two people in attendance.
Myra Mansouri, ZBA Chair, brings several issues to the Selectboard’s attention.
- Several complaints of Richard Lafayette of County Road/Graves Road dumping washers, dryers, and other machinery on land across from his home lot. A letter will go from the Selectboard to Mr. Lafayette notifying him of the violations of the Junkyard Zoning Ordinance, Article 4 G.
- The Unitarian Church Board complained of a statue put on their property by the Art Gallery even though the Board has told Ms. Reeves that they did not want the statue installed. They went to the Zoning Board hoping that there would be some type of ordinance that could force her to remove it. Neither the Zoning Board nor the Town has any such ordinance that would apply. It is the Board’s opinion that this is a civil matter between the Art Gallery and the Unitarian Church. Another statue in front of the Art Gallery may be too close to the sidewalk. Dalessio will check to see if there is proper clearance in order to avoid damage by sidewalk snow clearing machines. The Art Gallery had come to the ZBA for a variance for signs that were going to be less than 100 feet apart. When the signs went up, one was only 3 feet from the property line with the Unitarian Church instead of the proper 10 foot setback. The Selectboard will send a letter to Ms. Reeves and Mr. Carruthers (property owner) to either move the sign or return to Zoning Board for another variance.
Mrs. Pschirrer moved that the Accounts Payable check register and manifest in the amount of $560,859.31 for checks dated September 18, 2015. Mr. Aldrich seconded, and the motion passed with all in favor. This includes a check to Fall Mountain Regional School District for $488,319.18.
Mrs. Pschirrer moved that the Payroll Register in the Amount of $21,910.67 for payments dated 9/18/15 be approved as submitted. Mr. Aldrich seconded, and the motion passed with all in favor.
Mrs. Pschirrer moved that the Payroll Tax Electronic Funds Transfer 15-38 for W/E 9/12/15 in the amount of $4,966.86 be approved as submitted. Mr. Aldrich seconded, and the motion passed with all in favor.
Selectboard Meeting Minutes
Mrs. Pschirrer moved that the Selectboard Minutes of September 10, 2015 be approved as submitted. Mr. Aldrich seconded, and the motion passed with all in favor.
The Selectboard acknowledges receipt of the minutes of the Planning Board and Hooper Institute, both dated September 8, 2015; and the North Walpole Village Commissioners report of September 15, 2015. A note on the NW Village minutes questions a missing guardrail on Main Street. This has already been discussed with the Highway Department.
- Pschirrer moved to approve Building Permit 2015-38 Map & Lot 016-005-MH01, 1 Hogan Lane for upgrading an existing trailer site, demolishing an old one and putting a new concrete slab in. Mr. Aldrich seconded, and the motion passed with all in favor.
- Pschirrer moved to approve Building Permit 2015-38 Map & Lot 001-003-001, 19 Industrial Park Drive for Old Dominion Trucking to expand their building. They went to the Planning Board and the Site Plan was approved with conditions on September 8, 2015. Mr. Aldrich seconded, and the motion passed with all in favor.
- Hubbard Farms Barbeque Pit and Right of Way: Mr. Dalessio still has not been able to contact Mrs. Diane Miller. He will continue to attempt to contact her especially in regards to the Right of Way.
- Town Ordinance, procedure and policy manual – Nothing new to report
- Primex Insurance application should be ready for the Selectboard next Thursday.
- NH Retirement System Auditors emailed Janet and she is answering their questions.
- The Kitchen Committee met and will replace the stoves with a Garland which will be gas with 2 ovens, the fire suppression system that is needed and a hood over it. It will be installed by Melanson. A dishwasher is being donated and will be checked out by Houghton’s before installation. A new refrigerator is still in debate and depends on how much it impacts the cabinets. It is expected that the work will be complete by the end of the year.
- Pschirrer moved to accept a Return of Ownership of Cemetery Lot 224 in Section C of the Walpole Cemetery and reimburse the original purchase price of $175 to be divided between the Cemetery Trust Fund and the Town of Walpole. Mr. Aldrich seconded, and the motion passed with all in favor.
- Aldrich moved to approve the Draft copy of the 2014 Financial Audit. Mrs. Pschirrer seconded, and the motion passed with all in favor.
- Personnel Requests: Paul Clark request to rollover one week of vacation time to 2016. Mr. Dalessio would like to hold this request until it is known when the rolled week will be used.
- A letter of complaint was received from Jeffrey & Cathy White that power equipment was being used at North Meadow Plaza at 3:15 am. The Selectboard will send a letter to the owner of the parking lot reminding them of the rules regarding hours of maintenance. The State noise ordinance does not have a time limit but Walpole Police Department tends to use midnight as a limit.
- A Right to Know workshop will be held in Chesterfield on December 3rd at 7 pm. Dalessio recommends that Mrs. Clough attend and others as needed.
Recess Selectboard Meeting: Mr. Aldrich moved to recess this Selectboard meeting. The Selectboard will enter into a meeting as the Hooper Trustees. Mrs. Pschirrer seconded, and the motion passed with all in favor at 7:30pm.
The Regular Selectboard meeting resumed at 7:45PM.
Mrs. Pschirrer will be out of town from September 25 – 30 but will be back for the October 1st meeting.
Mrs. Pschirrer moved to adjourn this meeting. Mr. Aldrich seconded, and the motion passed with all in favor at 7:46PM.
Elaine Heleen, Acting Recording Secretary