Janet Clough has been out of the office so we got a little behind with the Selectboard Minutes. Yuu’ll have lots to read as you “Monday Morning Quarterback”! I do thank her for taking time to get us up-to-date. – Lil
TOWN OF WALPOLE
MEETING OF THE SELECTBOARD
September 24, 2015
Selectboard Present: Steve Dalessio (Chair), Peggy Pschirrer, Whitney Aldrich (arrived at 7:45pm).
CALL TO ORDER: Mr. Dalessio called this Selectboard meeting to order at 6:00pm in the Walpole Town Hall. He advised that this meeting is being recorded and asked anyone wishing to speak to identify themselves for the record. There were three people in attendance.
PUBLIC BUSINESS: Dale Woodward, Chairman of the Cemetery Committee requests the use of Cemetery Trust funds for markers. While there is probably not enough money in interest to stabilize the tombs, he would like to extend the water line in the New Cemetery Section A to spigots in Section C and Section E. There is no RSA that requires 3 bids, but Mr. Dalessio recommends getting a couple of estimates. Mr. Woodward will return once he has those estimates and the Board will confirm that the appropriate amount is in the Trust funds to cover the expense.
Mrs. Pschirrer moved to approve the Accounts Payable check register and manifest in the amount of $14,018.63 for checks dated September 25, 2015. Mr. Dalessio seconded, and the motion passed with all in favor.
Mrs. Pschirrer moved that the Payroll Register in the Amount of $21,949.72 for payments dated 9/25/15 be approved as submitted. Mr. Dalessio seconded, and the motion passed with all in favor.
Mrs. Pschirrer moved that the Payroll Tax Electronic Funds Transfer 15-39 for W/E 9/19/15 in the amount of $5,082.00 be approved as submitted. Mr. Dalessio seconded, and the motion passed with all in favor.
Selectboard Meeting Minutes
Mrs. Pschirrer moved that the Selectboard Minutes of September 17, 2015 be approved as presented. Mr. Dalessio seconded, and the motion passed with all in favor. Mrs. Pschirrer moved that the Staff Meeting minutes of September 17, 2015 be approved as presented. Mr. Dalessio seconded, and the motion passed with all in favor. Mrs. Pschirrer moved that the Non-Public Selectboard minutes of September 17, 2015 be approved as presented and that they be sealed. Mr. Dalessio seconded, and the motion passed with all in favor
- A letter to Mr. Lafayette regarding Notice to cease dumping has been drafted. Pschirrer moved to send this letter to Richard Lafayette re: illegal dumping. Mr. Dalessio seconded, and the motion passed with all in favor.
- Town Ordinance, procedure and policy manual- Mrs. Pschirrer has been working on the Snow Removal and Ice Control policy. She recommends removing the wording that itemizes specific routes and naming which driver is on which truck which it does now. These will be left to the discretion of the Road Agent. A policy on Parking during bad weather should be removed from the Snow Removal policy. This may need to be a separate policy or even an ordinance requiring Town Vote. The Police Department may already have a Parking policy and Mr. Dalessio will check with them to be sure.
- Pschirrer moved to approve a letter to Mr. David Zhang of JR Development, LLC. which speaks to the noise factor behind Shaw’s which is unacceptable to the neighborhood when they start work at 3am. Mr. Dalessio seconded, and the motion passed with all in favor.
- Vacation Rollover requests:
- Paul Clark would like to rollover 1 week from anniversary date of October to the summer of 2016
- Janet Clough would like to roll 1 week from her 9/9/15 anniversary date to be used before the end of the calendar year
- Justin Sanctuary will use one of two rolled weeks before the end of the year and the other in the Spring
- Mike Symonds would like to roll 1 week from his 9/6/15 anniversary date to be used before January 1st
- Dalessio moved to approve the request for rollovers of vacations. Mrs. Pschirrer seconded, and the motion passed with all in favor.
- Primex Insurance application is under review by the Selectboard
- Hubbard Farms Barbeque Pit and Right of Way: Mr. Dalessio spoke to Hubbard Farms and confirmed that the Town will accept the gift of the Barbeque Pit. The Town will pay for the work to create a permanent Right of Way to the Pool. Hubbard Farms will get back to the Board as they progress through the sale of the property, which they expect to have ready for sale the first quarter of next year.
The Selectboard acknowledges receipt of the minutes of the Zoning Board dated 9/16/15 and the Planning Board’s September 22nd Workshop. Also received are the Cemetery Trustees minutes. They have submitted their 2016 budget with a $200 increase which has been forwarded to Rich.
Mrs. Pschirrer moved to approve Building Permit 2015-40 Map & Lot 011-038, 4 Eaton Road; the Beams wish to construct a one story 14×22’ kitchen addition on the same location as their current deck. Mr. Dalessio seconded, and the motion passed with all in favor.
- SWRPC is asking for commitments to purchase the Planning & Land Use Manuals for $10 each. This request has been forwarded to all Boards & Commissions.
- Ocean State Job Lot asks for permission to stay open from 9am on Thursday Nov 26 through 11pm Friday Nov 27 as they have done in previous years. Mr. Dalessio moved to approve this request. Pschirrer seconded, and the motion passed with all in favor.
Myra Mansouri, ZBA Chair provided updates on several matters:
- The variance granted to the Art Gallery for signs that were going to be less than 100 feet apart stated that the sign must be 34’ from the center of the road and 12’ from the Unitarian property line. Therefore the current placement of signs is not in accordance with the variance. Dalessio will draft a letter reminding Ms. Reeves of the conditions as indicated by the Zoning Board of Adjustments.
- Dalessio spoke with Ms. Reeves about the closeness of the statue to the sidewalk. She assured him that it would be gone before winter. It is her intention that there be a revolving display of sculptures but she would be sure that they were in a safe spot.
- Regarding junkyards, Ms. Mansouri spoke to Lisa Murphy of SWRPC about potential changes to the Town Junkyard Ordinance (pg 6, Section G, #1, 2, & 3). Also, Attorney Buckley of the NH Municipal Association confirmed that what they have takes precedence and is applicable. The ZBA will work on a warrant for the Town Meeting updating this ordinance. This will be added to the Agenda going forward to keep up with the changes.
- Mansouri was not pleased with the Planning Board Workshop minutes as presented. She was encouraged to write a letter expressing her opinion.
NON-PUBLIC SELECTBOARD SESSION:
Mr. Dalessio moved to enter into a Non-Public Selectboard Session pursuant to RSA 91-A:3 II to discuss (b) Personnel at 6:38pm. Mrs. Pschirrer seconded the motion and, on a roll call vote with all in favor, the motion was approved.
The regular Selectboard meeting resumed at 6:42 PM.
Recess Selectboard Meeting: Mr. Dalessio moved to recess this Selectboard meeting. The Selectboard will enter into a meeting as the Hooper Trustees. Mrs. Pschirrer seconded, and the motion passed with all in favor at 6:42 PM.
The Regular Selectboard meeting resumed at 7:48PM.
Mr. Dalessio moved to adjourn this meeting. Mr. Aldrich seconded, and the motion passed with all in favor at 7:50PM.
Elaine Heleen, Acting Recording Secretary