TOWN OF WALPOLE
OFFICE OF THE SELECTBOARD
Town Offices Closed to Public Due to COVID-19
In response to COVID-19 Federal and State declarations of emergency and to protect Town of Walpole citizens and personnel, the Selectboard has enacted the following interim measures:
• Walpole Town Offices will be closed to the public effective March 18, 2020 at 1 PM and will continue be closed until further notice.
• Town personnel will be available by phone and/or email to answer questions or to set–up any necessary appointments.
• All Town board/committee/commission meetings and sponsored events, excluding the Selectboard are suspended until further notice. There will be no public business discussed at Selectboard meetings; only Town business will be on the agenda.
• The Selectboard recommends and encourages all people to use the online options for registrations with the Town Clerk/Tax Collector’s Office. If citizens cannot register online, contact the Town Clerk’s Office for assistance.
• The Selectboard Office and Town Clerk/Tax Collectors offices will be staffed for regularly scheduled hours. Phone first to determine if an in-person meeting is required.
• There will be no functions held at Town Hall until further notice. The Selectboard will review and update this directive as new NH State mandates are received.
• Town libraries are closed as of Wednesday, March 18, 2020 at 12 PM – Noon.
• The Police Department’s lobby area will be closed for non-emergency business effective immediately on March 18, 2020. The Police Department will continue to answer phone calls.
• The Recycling Center-Transfer Station will be open as regularly scheduled and the Highway Department will continue normal operations.
• Town parks and recreation areas are closed to the public until further notice.
Thank you for your cooperation.