Are You a Self-Employed Business Owner?
There’s a New Program for That.
Today, Governor Sununu outlined a new program designed to help self-employed people whose businesses did not qualify for the Main Street program because they have no employees other than the owners. The program is called SELF (Self Employment Livelihood Fund.)
Here is how he described the program:
- The business must be a NH business
- The owner or owners are the only employees of the business
- The business is a for profit business
- The business is not intending to close permanently; but businesses that had to close temporarily due to COVID-19 may apply
- The business is not in bankruptcy
- The business had less than $1,000,000 in gross receipts in 2019
- The business owner or owners may have received unemployment benefits, but the amount you receive from the fund may be adjusted to offset unemployment benefits.
- The application period opens July 6; the application period will; close onJuly 17.
The information is not yet up on the web site of the Governor’s Office for Emergency Relief and Recovery (GOFERR) so check the site often for a link. https://www.goferr.nh.gov
Keep your distance. Wear a mask. Wash your hands.
~Representative Lucy Weber
Leave a Reply